[wingide-users] Save As (Project) - Beware!

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Jan 6 20:36:22 MST 2008

Brandon Cline wrote:
> I see what you mean, if you type the name of a directory in the filename
> field (without the extension) it changes to the directory rather than
> adding the .wpr extension for you automatically.

This is what I see as well -- I think it's a navigation aid that's
implemented in the standard save as dialog box for people who want (or
need) to select directories without a mouse.  The workaround seems to be
typing the extension with the name.  I see the same behavior when I use
save as from Windows Wordpad so I think it's reasonably standard Windows
behavior that I don't see a compelling reason to change.

Cheers,