[wingide-users] Save As (Project) - Beware!

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:12:54 MST 2008

[Yarko--sorry for the duplicate post. Also, I tried naming the file the same
thing as the directory and it still worked for me: the text below is edited
slightly]

Yarko,

Fellow WingIDE newbie here. There's something funny going on with your
scenario. Here's what I tried to replicate your problem

Project | New Project. (Creates a new, empty project.)
Project | Save Project As | <type "C:\foobar\foobar" in the box, without
changing to c:\foobar first> | Save

Now, from the command line, I type "dir \foobar" and there's a file there
called foobar.wpr. This is exactly what I expected to happen, but apparently
it works differently on for you. Could you double-check and post the steps
you followed, please?

FWIW, I'm running on Vista w/ Python 2.5.

-Max

--
"The presentation or 'gift' of the Holy Ghost simply confers upon a man the
right to receive at any time, when he is worthy of it and desires it, the

Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.