[wingide-users] Save As (Project) - Beware!

Yarko T yarkot1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:53:19 MST 2008

Max -  I have WinXP; Python 2.5.1; WingIDE Pro 3.0.2-1 (rev 16915)

Here it is (I can reproduce at will!)

Project => Save Project As...

[Dialog for Save Project As comes up - see Img1]

I'll go to a directory level where there is no *.wpr file, and where there
is a directory that I'll try to name the project file as - in this case
JS_Frameworks (it's a directory within the directory I'm trying to create a
project file).

In the dialog:
    File name:        [JS_Frameworks]  <== I expect the creation of
JS_Frameworks.wpr;
    Save as type:   [Wing Project]  <== as was default in the "Save Project
As" dialog

Action:   Click [SAVE]
Resulting behavior:   Dialog box changes directories to JS_Frameworks
(!!!);  see resulting dialog box Img2

Action:   {Arrrgh!  out of frustration, just Click [SAVE] again in this
directory I DID NOT want}
Resulting behavior:   Dialog boc closes;  project saved (in unintended
directory)

Alternative:    ADD the ".wpr" extention in Img1 / step one ---> all is
well, and project file saved.

Very silly behavior.

NOTE:  I did NOT type the path in the "File name" box of the dialog --- I
selected directory from the dialog (as you see).

This should add the extension on "Save" which is what every other program I
ever remember working with does (NOT change directories).

It's a small but annoying point.