[wingide-users] Fwd: [nose-users] Re: WingIDE & Nose

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Mon Feb 25 09:28:38 MST 2008

Subject: [nose-users] Re: WingIDE & Nose
Date: Monday February 25 2008
From: "Kumar McMillan" <kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com>
To: nose-users at googlegroups.com

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 3:02 PM, Pete <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:
>  > > Unfortunately, Wing doesn't support nose's test discovery, etc., so it
>  > > means running your tests outside the IDE.
>  >
>  > Never heard of nose... I'll have to check it out.  The nose free unittest
>  > on its own has no problem doing what I want.  It is purely the Wing IDE
>  > integration I'm struggling with.
>
>  It'd sure be nice if Wing supported nose though.  There's a pdb plugin that
>  drops you into pdb on test failure.  Perhaps we could write a similar
plugin
>  for wingdbstub?
>
>  Hey nose-users, any of you use WingIDE?

not I, but several plugins have been written to work with IDEs; have a
looksee:
http://nose-plugins.jottit.com/

machineout was written for vim:
http://nose-plugins.jottit.com/

and

NoseXUnit for various CI tools and Eclipse:
http://nosexunit.sourceforge.net/

...maybe one of those would be a good starting point for hooking into Wing?

-Kumar

Groups "nose-users" group.