[wingide-users] WingIDE stops debugging

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Feb 17 09:36:01 MST 2008

Simon Pickles wrote:
> I am experiencing a new problem. Wing IDE (personal) inexplicably stops
> debugging. No error messages.
>
> It happens consistently at a certain point, which suggests my app my be
> doing something it doesnt like.
>
> Is there a log file generated which could help pinpoint this?

You can set the Debugger / Advanced / Debug Internals Log File
preference if you're launching your debug process from the IDE
to get a log of the debugger-side activity.

Sending us that and also the file ~/.wingide3/error-log (which is
the IDE-side log) may show us what's going on.

Note that if you're using wingdbstub to start debugging, you need
to set kLogFile in wingdbstub.py instead of the preference in Wing.

Please don't set the "very verbose" option, however, at least not
on the first attempt at diagnosing something.