[wingide-users] Testing Problem

Joel Parke joel at parke.ods.org
Fri Feb 15 11:25:26 MST 2008

Hi all,

I suspect this is a dumb question as I am brand new to both Python and
very new to Wing, but I haven't seen any reference to this issue.  I
have a simple file that lists it's standard test in a string at the head
of the file.  And then later has:

def _test():
    import doctest
    doctest.testmod()

if __name__ == "__main__":
    _test()

I have added this file to the tests to be run.  BUT when I run within
the IDE nothing appears to happen.  When Run standalone all works
properly.  I introduced an error which is not seen within Wing but is
seen properly outside.  So what gives - how are unit tests to be
structured within Wing?

Thanks,
Joel Parke