[wingide-users] Mini-search on the Mac

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Feb 8 09:40:37 MST 2008

Konrad Hinsen wrote:
> I am using WingIDE Professional 3.0.3 on a Mac using the defaults for
> that platform ("OS X" keyboard personality, Apple Keyboard, Fix option
> key bug in Tiger, Global X11 alt key = Option). With those settings, I
> can't get the mini-search to work as described in the manual. I can
> start mini-search using command-u, but I cannot repeat the search,
> neither forward (Ctrl-U) nor backward (Ctrl-Shift-U). I tried command
> instead of control, but that doesn't work either. The key codes for
> repeating searches do not seem to be configurable, so I don't think I
> can have a wrong setting there. Any ideas?

Hi,

I'm not yet sure what's going on but it's a bug -- the command-u is being
ignored if the mini-searcher is already active.

A work-around is to define another key binding for the command isearch-forward
using the Keyboard / Custom Key Bindings preference.  That worked for me --
added Ctrl-U there would let me repeat forward w/ Ctrl-U even if I started
the search w/ Command-U.

The analogous backward command for Ctrl-Shift-U is isearch-backward.

I'll see if I can figure out how to fix this.

Thanks for the bug report!