[wingide-users] Free pass to PyCon 2008

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Feb 7 17:02:16 MST 2008

Stephan Deibel wrote:
>> We've got an extra pass for PyCon 2008 and would like to give
>> it away to a Wing IDE user.  If you're definitely going to attend
>> the conference and that could use the assistance, please send
>> me an email privately with a short paragraph describing what
>> you do with Python and/or why you want to go to PyCon.  We'll
>> try to make sure the pass goes where it can do the most good.
>>
>> The value of the pass is between $220 and $400 at the early
>> bird rate, depending on whether you're a student/hobbyist or
>> have a company paying for you.  While it's OK to apply for
>> the free pass if you're working for a company, please do
>> so only if your company refuses to pay or it is a self-funded
>> startup.
>>
>> You must provide transport to/from PyCon and lodging for
>> yourself -- this is just a free pass to the conference and
>> nothing more.
>>
>> I'll wait for replies through Monday February 4th and then
>> will announce the winner.
>
> Hi,
>
> For the record:  Nobody responded to this so we'll look further
> afield for someone that can use it.

Another follow-up for the record:  The pass is now taken.  After
my email above, we got several replies.

We decided to give it to Jeffrey Harris, who works for the Open
Source Applications Foundation and will be funding his own way
to PyCon this year due to the reorg and budget cuts at OSAF.

Thanks!