[wingide-users] Re: wingide-users Digest, Vol 46, Issue 6

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Wed Feb 6 14:33:05 MST 2008

On 06.02.2008, at 20:12, Tony Cappellini wrote:

> Would using Pyrex cause similar (undesirable, but expected) behavior
> in Wing, as is when using Psyco?
> I know Pyrex and Psyco are two different animals, but if the
> underlying bytecode is mucked with by Pyrex, similar problems with a
> Python debugger  can happen as well

Pyrex is quite different, it doesn't deal with Python byte code at
all. It is in fact a separate language that could be described as a
hybrid of Python and C. Pyrex is used to write extension modules for
C-Python, which are compiled to C and then  processed like extension
modules written in C by hand.

I don't see how Pyrex could cause any trouble with Wing.

Konrad.