[wingide-users] Re: wingide-users Digest, Vol 46, Issue 6

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Feb 6 12:36:10 MST 2008

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> Would using Pyrex cause similar (undesirable, but expected) behavior
> in Wing, as is when using Psyco?
> I know Pyrex and Psyco are two different animals, but if the
> underlying bytecode is mucked with by Pyrex, similar problems with a
> Python debugger  can happen as well

I probably should of mentioned that debugging support for pyrex would be
quite a bit harder and it won't be supported by the debugger for the
foreseeable future.  This is similar to the psyco case, though it may
come as less of a surprise given that pyrex is a slightly different
language and it's converted to C and then compiled to an extension
module.  But I don't really know what will or will not surprise people...

Cheers,