[wingide-users] Re: How do i install wingware

Marc A. Murison murison at alpheratz.net
Mon Dec 29 12:42:12 MST 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:00 PM, <wingide-users-request at wingware.com>wrote:

> From: Craig <fasteliteprogrammer at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [wingide-users] How do i install wingware
>
> How do i install wingware on unbuntu and fedora.I have try the rpm anddeb
> file and still   can't get wingware to work on linux.I try out the free one.

The rpms didn't work for me, either (Fedora 9 and 10).  But no worries.
Just download the appropriate archive file (e.g.,
wingide-personal-3.1.6-1-i386-linux.tar.gz) from wingware.com and unpack
it.  In a terminal window, cd to the unpack directory and issue the command
'python wing-install.py'.  Enter the appropriate info at the prompts (and/or
accept the defaults), and you are all set.

--
Marc A. Murison