[wingide-users] Using sys.excepthook in Wing IDE

mercado python.dev.9 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 10:55:35 MST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to use sys.excepthook in my code.  When I run the code sample
below from the terminal, it works as expected and prints out the message in
the exceptionhook function.  But when I run the code using Wing IDE, the
message isn't printed out.  Am I doing something wrong?

BTW, this code is running in Wing IDE 101version 3.1.2-1 (rev 18362) on
Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.

Thanks in advance.

import sys

def exceptionhook(type, value, traceback):
    print "=" * 60
    print "inside exceptionhook"
    print "=" * 60

sys.excepthook = exceptionhook