[wingide-users] new to wingide

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Dec 10 09:27:29 MST 2008

Joe and Janine Loyzaga wrote:
> I'm trying to use easygui with wingide and get this error
> NameError:name 'msgbox' is not defined - where do I put the easygui.py
> program?

If it's making it past the 'from easygui import *' then you probably
already have that installed properly (apparently it's usually just
dropped into PythonXX/Lib/site-packages in your Pythin install).

So the question is where should msgbox be defined, and I don't know
the answer as that is something specific to easygui.  You may want
to ask this on an easygui-specific mailing list, if there is one,
or look at the tutorial:

http://easygui.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html

Hmm, well, the tutorial also seems to indicate that easygui should
contain 'msgbox' and thus the 'from easygui import *' should import
it, so I'm not sure what is wrong.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  This list is more specific to Wing
than particular third party libraries.