[wingide-users] Re: Most painful area of WingIDE (and some suggestion...)

Marcin Kasperski Marcin.Kasperski at softax.com.pl
Tue Dec 2 02:20:16 MST 2008

Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> writes:

> Marcin Kasperski wrote:
>> Having used WingIDE for some time, I feel that most painful area for
>> me is the problem of the navigation between files (opening, locating
>> etc). I hate the current project browser with those deeply nested
>> trees (I have complicated projects with many directories spawning many
>> libraries).
>
> Have you tried "open from project" on the file menu?

No, I missed it. It is more or less what I need, thanks for the hint.

Still, there is something what can be improved. For example, I have
3 run.py files in different directories, and the C-x C-o list shows just

    run.py
    run.py
    run.py

No way to distinguish between them.

Again, I recommend appending *just enough* of the directory name
to distinguish between them:

    run.py<ftp/connect>
    run.py<http/connect>
    run.py<gui>

(Use separate column if you dislike < >)

In fact, showing some directory info in this window could make
sense even when the names are different. Like when there
are files named sample.py, samples.py and sample_usage.py...