[wingide-users] Autocomplete python more liberally

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Dec 1 10:13:51 MST 2008

Jonathan Mozes wrote:
> What about implementing ipython's ipy_greedycompleter?
>
> This is less 'relaxed' than a word list driven completer, but is more
> powerful than the current (code, not shell) completer.

We are working on integrating information from the running debug process
into the completer and might consider extending it to calling functions
to obtain more information (which is what ipy_greedycompleter seems to
do).  I'm dubious of calling functions though because editing near an
os.remove() call would become dangerous.

Cheers,