[wingide-users] French translation

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sun Aug 24 13:06:23 MDT 2008

Sebastien Douche wrote:
> the state of the French translation is a shame, 1705 messages are not
> translated and few others are incorrect. Please drop the French
> version if it is not possible to maintain it Maybe I can work on this
> (I'm old translator of Plone & Zope) but please, make action.

We're not really able to maintain any translations, even the one
we originally did ourselves (German).  It's turned out to be too costly
and time consuming relative to the demand (at least right now).

We have continued to ship with the aging translations since at least some
users prefer a partial translation over no translation at all.

I would like to change how we do this so it's clearer that any translations
going forward would be contributed from users, and it would be nice to
make it easier to contribute as well.

I don't know when I'll get to making those changes, however.  In
the meantime, I'm happy to provide the updated/merged PO files to
anyone that wants them...