[wingide-users] question about eligibility for opensource discount

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Aug 12 13:04:32 MDT 2008

Hey, sorry to bring this up here, but I'm in transition between office
spaces and don't have a printer hooked up to the comp right now, so I
thought I'd get a preliminary judgment (if possible) concerning the
eligibility of getting the WingIDE opensource discount for our
development team members.

I'm working on a project called "PyOGP" (Python Open Grid Protocols
client library and test harness). It is designed to test the virtual
worlds "interoperability" protocols that Linden Lab, makers of Second
Life, is devising in collaboration with IBM and the open grid
architecture working group, and eventually serve as a lightweight
virtual worlds client and reference code for the official OGP protocols
internet standard we're proposing.

Do we qualify, does anyone think?

Organizations and contact points for groups  associated with and/or
working on similar projects:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AW_Groupies#External_Resources

The PR about the OGP is here:

http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/virtualworlds/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=208803274

and the main webpage for the open source PyOGP project is:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Pyogp

and

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Pyogp_Kitchen_Sink

The main Architecture Working Group pages are:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Architecture_Working_Group
and
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AW_Groupies (discussion group)

The main protocol page, such as it is, is currently:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Grid_Protocol

see also:

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Grid_Interoperability

Thanks in advance. If the answer is "yes/maybe," I'll get the printer
hooked up ASAP to make a formal request. Otherwise, I got other things
on the schedule.

Lawson English (Saijanai Kuhn
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Saijanai_Kuhn in Second Life)

.