[wingide-users] PyLint on Save

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Aug 9 14:03:52 MDT 2008

Marcus.CM wrote:
> I found some snippets of discussion on this. I would want Pylint to be
> executed whenever a module is saved.  This would iron out some typos and
> undefined / name bugs
> that so frequently occurs when renaming / changing lines of codes.
> How can i do this, i am totally unfamiliar with the IDE extensions
> scripting and i have tried things like "import pylintpanel" but it cant
> find the  module path :-)
> Any direction?

You would want to do something like the disabled example at the end
of scripts/editor_extensions.py, although you would probably want to
connect to the save-point signal instead of presave.  You don't need
to import pylintpanel, but instead would do this to kick off the

See the manual to learn more about scripting Wing, and refer to the
wingapi.py file in your Wing installation for the API.