[wingide-users] Global user preferences?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Aug 8 22:06:25 MDT 2008

Mark A. Schmucker wrote:
> Is there a way to make some of the user preferences global to all users
> in our group?
>
> Specifically, I have a long list of "debug.passive-hosts" in my
> preferences file (~/wingide3/preferences). All the others in my group
> need the same list. As the list changes in the future, I would prefer to
> maintain just one list.

If Wing is installed centrally for all the users in the group, then a preferences
file copied into the installation directory can be used for some shared prefs if
the group delimiter is changed from [user-preferences] to [global-preferences].
Wing reads that, then ~/.wingide3/preferences, and then any prefs file given
on the command line with the --prefs-file arg (where [user-preferences] needs
to be replaced with [extra-preferences]).