[wingide-users] A fix request

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Aug 8 10:29:24 MDT 2008

Marcus.CM wrote:
> I notice this behavior that i find giving me a problem during debugging
> in Wing-IDE. When i set the breakpoint at any source and i run it, while
> waiting for the breakpoint to hit, i go and do something else
> like typing in a console box or email or and suddenly when the
> breakpoint hits, Wing will take focus and whatever i was typing ended up
> in the breakpoint instead.  This causes unnecessary frustration as i
> tried to undo any text that ended up in the debugging source that wasnt
> meant to be there.

Hi,

I seem to have misread your email before my previous reply.  I thought
you were talking about focus shifting within Wing (from, say, the Python
Shell to editor) and not from app to app.

You can disable auto-raising of Wing's windows when debugging on Windows by
turning off the Debugger / Force Win32 Window Raising preference.

Sorry about the confusion...