[wingide-users] No diff?

Rob Clewley rob.clewley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 21:59:45 MDT 2008

>>> I normally just use diff on my linux system.  But today I was using Wing
>>> on windows.  Am I right there is no "diff" built-in?

FWIW the free jEdit editor supports a pretty nicely colour-coordinated
diff in split editor windows (it's the "jdiff" plugin, naturally).
It's a different editor, of course, and there are no merge facilities
AFAIK. But that's what I use on my windows machine. I wish a diff that
nice was built in to Wing, though. jdiff is about the only reason I
ever switch to jEdit when developing, and I need it all too often.

-Rob