[wingide-users] Getting code assistance on compiled regexps?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Apr 21 13:52:14 MDT 2008

Marcin Kasperski wrote:
> I write:
>
>   my_re = re.compile(r'\s+')
>   my_re.
>
> ... and the code assistant is promptly suggesting:
>
>   mro
>   __init__
>
> I'd really prefer to get match, search etc. Am I missing sth? WingIDE
> 3.0.4-1, python 2.5

The re module is a pain because of how it's written.  We'll try to fix
this.  Note that you can do the above in the Python Shell in Wing 3.0.4
and get auto-completion there.  However I should note that it looks like
completing my_re in the Python Shell is broken in the Wing 3.1 beta for
(probably) unrelated reasons.