[wingide-users] SVN setup

René Pijlman reneOnLists at applinet.nl
Sat Apr 19 15:53:33 MDT 2008

slimmer wrote:
> I have both cygwin svn and TortoiseSVN on my machine, and they both seem
> to work properly. When I try to run a SVN commit from wing it tries to
> run the cygwin svn.exe and fails with
> svn: '/cygdrive/c/Sandbox/apps\apinc\apvideo.ini' is not under version
> control
> I have tried to checkout the project with both cygwin and tortoise and
> doesn't seem to help.  I commented out the svn.exe and tried to find the
> corresponding tortoise command line but no luck here either.

I'm using Wing with the Windows version of Subversion:

It's working fine. svn.exe and TortoiseSVN seem to be nicely integrated.
When I commit with svn.exe in Wing, TortoiseSVN immediately updates the
status icons of the affected files in Windows Explorer. I can checkout
with either svn.exe in a command window or TortoiseSVN in Windows
Explorer, and Wing can use the working copy in both cases.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for though.