[wingide-users] Here's a strange one...SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer

Harper, Jason jharper at qualcomm.com
Thu Apr 17 13:47:36 MDT 2008

On the off chance someone out there might be able to throw me a clue...

My Python app utilizes SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer.  When I run my
app in the Wing debugger, the server behaves properly (i.e. clients can
connect and send/recv, etc.).  When I run my app outside the Wing
debugger, clients can connect and send (i.e. socket.connect), BUT the
server's request handler never gets called.

Since my app is working in the Wing debugger, is it possible that Wing
is doing some sort of TCP/socket setup that my app is inadvertently
making good use of?

This is a weird one...any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Jason Harper
Qualcomm, Portland Design Center