[wingide-users] Threads not running as supposed inside Python Shell Tool

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Apr 15 08:37:53 MDT 2008

Jonathan Mozes wrote:
> Thing is, when I run this code in the Wing Python Shell Tool, all
> threads enter 'sleep' mode immediately, without connecting to the DB.

Both the Interactive Shell and the Debug Probe stop all threads when at
a prompt waiting for input from the user.  We realize that this isn't
the expected behavior for the interactive shall and will be fixing it in
future Wing versions.  The (ugly) workaround is to run multithreaded
code in the debugger.

Cheers,