[wingide-users] Define match terms OR define new braces. Enable searches only between two phrases.

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Apr 14 07:57:07 MDT 2008

Johnny wrote:
> Wingide-Users,
> I want to enable searches to find/replace only that which is between two
> phrases.  Consider the phrases Topic Header...Inclusion Criterion...Exclusion
> Criterion...Next Subject.

We have various advanced search ideas like this on our list but I'm not sure
when we'll get to them.  Certainly searching within searches would be nice, but
the example you give is pretty specialized and perhaps is best done by writing
an add-on script for Wing for the operations you need.  We do have search and
replace within selection but that's not quite the same thing.