[wingide-users] Define match terms OR define new braces. Enable searches only between two phrases.

Johnny oouc at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 22:53:24 MDT 2008

Wingide-Users,
I want to enable searches to find/replace only that which is between two
phrases.  Consider the phrases Topic Header...Inclusion Criterion...Exclusion
Criterion...Next Subject.

If you wanted to know in which Topics you could be included then it would be
really nice to make a list of all of the things that described you and have the
editor search for all of those things between Inclusion Criterion and Exclusion
Criterion and spit out everything that matched for Topic 1 to Topic n.  Even if
you can only search for a single term and cannot spit out the Topic Header, it
would be a great improvement over typical editors to see that you were in the
Inclusion Criterion section instead of the Exclusion one.

The above is a real world life and death matter for millions of people which
you can see in the Advanced Search of 6,000+ Clinical Trials which is updated
daily by the National Institute of Health.

Here is another example for Project Managers and Software Development teams who
focus on refactoring etc.  (I just changed a few terms with the editor.)

Consider also the case of Task Number.../// The Boss Wants This.../// This Is
Available...Next Subject.

If you wanted to know in which Tasks needing work then it would be really nice
to search for all of those things between /// The Boss Wants This and /// This
Is Available and spit out a list of differences.  Even if you can only search
for a single term and cannot spit out the Task Number, it would be a great
improvement over typical editors to see that you were in the /// The Boss Wants
This section instead of the /// This Is Available one.

Thank you for any help you can provide,
Oouc

Objective Oriented Unification Commitment.  We all have gifts and limitations.  I'm using my gifts to help others overcome limitations.  Will you do the same for me?