[wingide-users] fix VI mappings

Mark Hurley mark at mphinc.us
Sat Apr 12 20:49:10 MDT 2008

Hello -- new user to Wing IDE here.  I changed my keyboard personality to VI
in preferences.  After using it for a bit, I noticed things are not quite
the same.  While I realize you may not to map things exactly, I wondered how
I could achieve the following:

When I am on a line which is folded.  z-o expands the current fold.  How can
I make z-O (capital o) expand the current fold and all descendant folds
only?

I did some hunting and found this file: keymap.vi.  In it I found this:

'Browse-Ctrl-W Browse-q': 'unsplit(action="close")', 'close(close_window=1)'
'Browse-Ctrl-W Browse-c': 'unsplit(action="recent-or-close")' #
Approximation
'Browse-Ctrl-W Browse-o': 'unsplit'

Where would I find the particulars of the unsplit function/macro, etc.?

Thanks, the editor is working well thus far! This is coming from a guy who
wouldn't give up coding in a console with screen/vim/ipython.  Although
those three are a great combo still for remote servers! :)

Mark