[wingide-users] loading a particular file at a particular line from the commandline (FEATURE REQUEST)

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Thu Apr 3 10:43:19 MDT 2008

I don't know if this has been considered but what about a process that would
copy the file to insert to the clipboard and then do a paste?  Maybe even
open in new tab to copy and then close the file.  Probably awkward but I
though I just recently saw a python script for WxPython that utilized the
clipboard.

Thomas

On Thursday 03 April 2008 11:29, Wingware Support wrote:
> Anthon van der Neut wrote:
> > So here it is. Is there a way to load a particular file at a particular
> > linenumber?
>
> Hi,
>
> There is currently not an easy way to do this, but we'll try to add one
> soon.  I'm leaning towards the filename:line# argument form but this may
> change when we implement it.
>
> It was good to see you at Pycon; I hope you got enough planes and other
> goodies :).
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

> Wing IDE users list
> http://wingware.com/lists/wingide

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst		P O Box 32026
University Library			Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

"... using OpenOffice.org, and save them back to disk automatically,
in MS Word format.  They surf the Web, check e-mail, do instant
messsaging, view YouTube videos, visit their Facebook pages, learn
touch-typing skills and lots more.  Our public library has been
offering these Linux public stations for the past three years."
 - Phil Shapiro Linux Journal January 2008

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/