[wingide-users] Feature Request: Autocomplete of keyword arguments

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Fri Sep 28 09:11:46 MDT 2007

On Friday September 28 2007 9:46 am, Michael Foord wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> In method/function calls it would be nice if autocomplete worked with
> keyword arguments.

Oh, yeah.  I often end up with local vars named the same as my kwargs
(constructors, mainly), and can 'trick' wing into completing for me that way,
but it's a little cheesy.  It obviously doesn't work if your vars are named
differently.

FWIW, I sometimes use the same 'cheat' for assigning to an attribute in
__init__ that has the same name as an arg - type/complete
my_long_name=my_long_name and then go stick the self. on the front.

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com