[wingide-users] Viewing output of the logging module in the Debug I/O window

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Sep 24 19:44:43 MDT 2007

Tony Cappellini wrote:
> Why does the Debug I/O window show '\n' as FF (form feed) when using
> the logging module to write text strings to the screen?

Is the logger possibly transforming the text?  I tried it on Linux with
Python 2.5.1 and got newlines inserted and not FF character or anything
else.

This kind of thing is probably best reported from the Send Bug Report
feature in the Help menu, since it'll tell us a lot more about your
installation (OS, Wing version, Python version, etc).