[wingide-users] Tkinter

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Sep 24 16:31:15 MDT 2007

Smith1, Robert E wrote:
> I have tried to run a few very small Tkinter sample programs that I
> found on the Web from within the Wing IDE. Only one worked:

I assume you're using Wing IDE 2.1 here.  Wing IDE 3.0 handles
exceptions differently by default and shouldn't stop in these cases.

In Wing 2.1, you can select "Ignore this exception location" in the
Exceptions tool and continue debugging.  This choice is remembered in
your project.

You can also change Wing to report exceptions only if they actually lead
to program termination with the Debugger / Exceptions / Report
Exceptions preference -- set it to At Process Termination.

There are details as to why Wing does this here:

http://wingware.com/doc/debug/managing-exceptions

Hope that helps.