[wingide-users] syntax error highlighting while typing

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Fri Sep 21 05:54:07 MDT 2007

While typing any Python construct, e.g.
	if a == 0:
		b = 1
if I stop typing to think for a couple of seconds, then Wing
highlights the syntax error: the code is always incorrect of course
since it is incomplete. Basically, only after I typed the "1" I am
spared the syntax error underlining.

I find that wiggly red underlining quite annoying while I am typing
for it does not tell me anything I don't know.

Would it be possible to highlight the syntax errors in a less
intrusive manner? Or even to let the user disable that feature
altogether? Unless I miss something, it is always on, isn't it?

Luc Bourhis
Computer Scientist
Chemical Crystallography Laboratory
University of Durham, UK