[wingide-users] MacOSX 10.4: Twisted in WingIDE

Scott Syms scottsyms at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:45:10 MDT 2007

Hi, folks-

I've installed twisted in the Mac's default python installation.  I
can import twisted modules in the python interpreter and the WingIDE
supplied python shell when I explicitly provided the python binary
and module paths in the projects definition.

However, when I write a twisted import statement in the script
window, it fails when I try to debug code- error is:

ImportError: No module named internet.protocol

Traceback (innermost last):

File "/Users/path/development/scratch/twisted.py", line 1, in ?
   #!/bin/env python
File "/Users/path/development/scratch/twisted.py", line 2, in ?
   from twisted.internet.protocol import Protocol, Factory
File "/Users/path/development/scratch/twisted.py", line 2, in ?
   from twisted.internet.protocol import Protocol, Factory

The import lines are:

from twisted.internet.protocol import Protocol, Factory
from twisted.internet import reactor

This should work, but why am I getting different results from the
WingIDE shell and the debug interpreter?  Any workaround?

tks