[wingide-users] Subversion grayed out in Wing IDE 2.1.1 and TortoiseSVN 1.4.3

Ei Fujioka efujioka at duke.edu
Wed Sep 19 16:12:03 MDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm new to this list and getting started with Python development with
Wing IDE.

I'm kind of stuck at the very beginning. I can't figure out how to
enable revision control. I googled with "Wing IDE subversion" but didn't
get a clue, so let me ask here.

I have a working copy from the repository on my local drive.
I started Wing IDE and added the folder ([Add Directory Tree]).
Then in Extension tab in Project Properties dialog, checked on "Enable
Revision Control" and selected "Subversion."
The SVN menu appeared and in SVN Options set the proper path to svn.exe.

After having set these up, the SVN menu items are still grayed out
except "Display documentation" and "option..."
The context menu in "Project" tab doesn't come out. Nothing happens when
I right click on one of the .py files or the folder. If I uncheck
"Enable Revision Control", the usual context (Open in Wing IDE etc.)
menu shows up.

So how can I enable Subversion integration? Do you see anything missing?
Did I do something wrong?

Subversion works fine with other IDEs such as Zend Studio for PHP.

I use...
TortoiseSVN 1.4.3 (which works fine)
Wing IDE Professional 2.1.1-1 (Patches 01, 02, 03, 04)
Windows 2000 SP4

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Ei

--
   Ei Fujioka

   (919) 613-8021