[wingide-users] Missing breakpoints & projects

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Sep 3 09:20:07 MDT 2007

On 3. sep. 2007, at 16.42, Tom Stambaugh wrote:
> The bug/feature/phenomena occurs when I do the following:
> 1. Open projectA.
> 2. During debugging, open class B.Foo, contained in projectB.
> 3. Set a breakpoint somewhere in B.Foo
> 4. Save projectA.
> 5. Terminate the current debugging thread
> 6. Open projectB.
> 7. Start a new thread, hoping to stop on the breakpoint created at
> step (3),
> above.
>
> To my surprise, the thread created in step 7 will NOT stop. This is
> because
> it appears that the breakpoint I created is visible only to projectA.

This is because breakpoint definitions are stored in the project
file. Switching projects clears the breakpoint list and replaces it
with the ones defined in the newly loaded project file.

Project files are text files, containing python code. The structure
defining breakpoints is called 'debug.breakpoints', at least in my
current Wing 3 project files.

Martijn Pieters