[wingide-users] cant debug file that imports socket module

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Oct 30 18:23:11 MDT 2007

Sebastian Fey wrote:
> whats going on here?
> all of a sudden i cant import socket anymore.
>
> file looks like:
>
> import socket #just this line
>
> when pressing debug, this is what happens:
>
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__all__'
> File "c:\test.py", line 1, in <module>
>  import socket
> File "c:\Python25\Lib\socket.py", line 64, in <module>
>  __all__.extend(os._get_exports_list(_socket))
> File "c:\Python25\Lib\os.py", line 37, in _get_exports_list
>  return list(module.__all__)

It looks like the import of _socket is failing.  Does this work outside
of Wing's debugger?  We've sometimes (in previous versions of Python)
seen problems with _socket when an updated Python is installed over
an older one.  I think the symptoms differed somewhat but if you did
install an update, you might try uninstalling, removing any remaining
files, and installing Python again.

> btw, why cant i copy+paste the complete content of the exceptions window
> at once?

Are you saying right clicking, doing Select All and then Copy doesn't work?

> and are you aware that "search in files" is a little buggy?

I don't think so.  Please be more specific!

> anyhow, love working with wingide, keep up good the work!

Thanks!