[wingide-users] wing 3.0 memory hog?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Oct 30 10:41:19 MDT 2007

Paul Sijben wrote:
> Wing always was somewhat eager to take memory but it seems like with 3.0
> it simply eats away all the memory it can lay its hands on. I have 1.5GB
> in my Linux machine and I need to start 2 wing instances at the same
> time. They start our taking some 250M of memory each but quickly grow to
> 450M (while I am just editing the files), eating each 45% of CPU power,
> at some point physical memory runs out and  switching from one to the
> other is Sloooooooow as its memory needs to be swapped in.
>
> Is this a bug or something I can change in the preferences?

It's probably a bug but is likely caused by certain conditions, such as the
contents of your project file.  Could you submit a bug report from Wing's
Help menu?  That would give us more info to go on.

Something to try is to remove everything from your project and just add
a limited number of directories to see if that's the cause.  Also check
that there isn't a search process running in Search in Files.