[wingide-users] wing 3.0 memory hog?

Paul Sijben sijben at eemvalley.com
Tue Oct 30 10:10:20 MDT 2007

Wing always was somewhat eager to take memory but it seems like with 3.0
it simply eats away all the memory it can lay its hands on. I have 1.5GB
in my Linux machine and I need to start 2 wing instances at the same
time. They start our taking some 250M of memory each but quickly grow to
450M (while I am just editing the files), eating each 45% of CPU power,
at some point physical memory runs out and  switching from one to the
other is Sloooooooow as its memory needs to be swapped in.

Is this a bug or something I can change in the preferences?

Payl

--
Paul Sijben                    	tel: +31334566488
Eemvalley Technology       	fax: +31334557523