[wingide-users] Projects and files

Tom Stambaugh tms at zeetix.com
Fri Oct 26 11:54:22 MDT 2007

I'm using Wing IDE Professional, v3.0.0-1 (rev 16515).

In my preferences, under Preferences->Files->Projects, I have  "Auto-Adding"
set to "Never Auto-add Files." I created my project by specifying "Add
Directory" at the time I created the project.

I therefore expect this project to have ONLY those files that were present
when I created the project. If I add a file to the relevant directory
*after* saving the project, I expect that file to NOT appear in the project
until I explicitly add it; this is my understanding of why I specify "Never
Auto-add Files".

Yet, each time I add a file (such as, for example, when I preserve a backup
copy for future reference), I notice that the new file automatically appears
in the list of files for the project. This seems, to me, to be a bug -- it
appears that my "Never Auto-add Files" preference selection is being
ignored.

Thanks,
Tom