[wingide-users] Auto Add to project

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Oct 24 07:31:55 MDT 2007

Max Slimmer wrote:
> I am using Pro. 3.0.0-1 (rev 16515)
> In preferences Files/Projects I have "Never Auto-add Files" selected (was
> set so on installation). Yet when a file is added or removed from a
> directory in the project tree that file appears in the project tree and goes
> away if the file is removed.  I would like to have files added to project
> explicitly, not automatically.

That's an old preference that should possibly be removed.  What you need
to do in Wing 3.0 is right-click on the top-level directory or directories
in your project and uncheck the "Watch for External Changes" item there.

The older preference has some remaining utility in that it could be used to
then auto-add newly created and saved files, but I have a feeling its utility
is outweighed by the confusion it's likely to cause.