[wingide-users] Auto-Bookmark peeve

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Tue Oct 16 12:41:08 MDT 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 07:27, David Yoakley wrote:
> Windows apparently has this capability in its scrollbar controls BTW.
> While dragging a scrollbar, you can mouse away without releasing the button
> and the window will position back to where it was when you started the
> drag. You can even mouse right back into the scroll region (while still in
> the same "drag") and it will pop back to where it was when you moused away!
>  The drag region is also much wider than the actual scrollbar.
>
> This is one convention that I actually wish the planet would adopt.  Once
> you start using it, you sorely miss it in all applications with large
> scrolling areas.

That's funny...when I used Windows, I always got annoyed at how easily I could
move the mouse too far away during a scroll and it would pop back to where it
started.  When I moved to linux, and could move the mouse all over the
screen, and still scroll as long as I held the mouse down after I clicked on
the scroll bar, I thought it was wonderful.  Just preferences, I guess. :)

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111