[wingide-users] Default of 'Current File' in search in files

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Oct 5 04:17:58 MDT 2007

Hello all,

Whenever I start Wing (on Windows) the default selection for 'Look in'
in 'Search in Files' is 'Current File'.

This seems a particularly pointless option (if I wanted to search the
current file I would use search not search in files) and it annoys me
every time I look at the results and wonder why they are wrong and then
remember to change this value...

I would favour the removal of this option, but just setting the default
to 'Project Files' would be useful.

By the way a colleague who switched to Eclipse recently (a terrible
mistake in my opinion) says that despite its annoyances it has two
killer features:

* Open from keyboard - which *doesn't* require you to type the full path
* Local history - which presents you with a list of save points for the
current file and then shows you diffs from the current state against
these save points. Really useful even for files under source code
control as it lets you see the changes you have made since your last (or
previous) save(s) even if you haven't checked in yet.

All the best,

Michael Foord
http://www.manning.com/foord