[wingide-users] Upgrading 3.0 disables Plone/Zope debugger

Ei Fujioka efujioka at duke.edu
Tue Oct 2 14:19:46 MDT 2007

Hello all,

It seems upgrading 3.0 from 2.1 doesn't upgrade the Plone/Zope debugging
feature and I got stuck.
Could someone help me get things right?

What I did are...

First, Products/WingDBG wasn't upgraded so I manually deleted it and in
WingIDE 3, went to Project-Properties then checked "Enable Zope2/Plone
support". This seems to have installed new WingDBG as after restarting
Zope, Control_Panel/WingDebugService in ZMI shows Wing Debugger Version
3.0.0.

However, when I click [Start] in WingDebugService, "Debugger" status
turns to "Started" but "IDE" says "Not connected". Clicking [Connect]
makes no difference.

I looked into WingIDE's Preferences-Debugger-External/Remote but wan't
sure how to configure it.
It says...
Allowed Hosts: 127.0.0.1
Server port: 50005
Location Map: 127.0.0.1  Same as localhost
Common Attach Hosts: 127.0.0.1 50015
# the same configuration as WingIDE 2.1

The debugging feature worked fine with WingIDE 2.1.
WingIDE 3.0 got installed without deleting 2.1 (not asked about this).
I use Plone 2.5 on the same Windows 2000 box.
It seems the debugger is launched at port 50080 on Plone but can't
access from browser (is it because the debugger is not connected to IDE?).

Is there something else I need to do to upgrade the debugger?

Thanks,

Ei

--
   Ei Fujioka