[wingide-users] Re: Evaluating a Single Function

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Oct 1 09:06:37 MDT 2007

Jonathan Mozes wrote:
> I have a python module containing rather long function and class
> definitions. While working on this module, I tend to use the feature of
> selecting a number of lines (mostly a few function definitions), and
> evaluating them in the Python Shell Window. When the functions are long,
> this tends to be tedious.

In general, I'd like a way to select current scope, in a way that
repeating the command selects ever further outward (eg: select local
if/else, then enclosing for loop, then enclosing nested function,
method, class, whole file).

Do you think having that (w/ a key binding) would get you what you want
or do you do this often enough that you'ld want a single binding (or want
to avoid actually selecting)?