[wingide-users] Search in files still broken

Tom Stambaugh tms at zeetix.com
Wed Nov 28 09:20:10 MST 2007

I've updated to 3.0.2, with no change in the behavior. I just now submitted
a bug report, with log file.

When I search for "def", it appears to successfully search in at least some
subdirectories. For example, it finds occurrences of "def" in
base\Kernel\CLDT\Collection.py and its peers. It does not, however, find
*any* occurrences of def in base\Kerne\Core, until I navigate there
manually. Once there, seems to find all of them together with the files in
the subdirectories of base\Kernel\Core.

Is there some chance that "Core" is some sort of reserved identifier that is
special-cased as a directory name in the search path specification? I have
not done a deterministic comparison of the paths that were searched against
the paths that exist. It clearly searches within many subdirectories. For
some reason, it does not search within "Core" or any of its subdirectories.
I don't know if there are other such exceptions.

One UI note -- I would like to see an optional *relative* path, with respect
to the search-root (in the "Look In:" field), when the path is displayed for
search results.

Thanks,
Tom