[python] [wingide-users] Scrolling with ctrl+arrow does keep caret with tex

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 19 10:27:27 MST 2007

Hugh Gibson wrote:
=>>> A little niggle: when using ctrl+up or down arrow, the text is
>>> scrolled
>>> but the caret doesn't stay on the same line of text - it stays on
>>> the
>>> same display line.
>>>
>>> MS editors keep the caret on the same line of text (unless the
>>> line with
>>> the caret has just moved off the display).
>>>
>> Hmmm... I very strongly disagree. ctrl and alt cursor key
>> combinations should do something useful with the caret position so
>> that you can quickly navigate through a document using just the
>> keyboard.
>
> It would be useful - you can choose to scroll the display (with ctrl) *or*
> move the cursor (just up/down). What ctrl+up/down does at the moment is
> pretty useless unless you want a way to scroll through code and see the
> effect.

Clearly this is a personal preference.

It's not possible in 3.0.1 but I've just added code so a user can redefine
the ctrl-up/down keys to not move the cursor within the sources.  The
commands to use will be "scroll-text-up(move_cursor=False)" and
"scroll-text-up(move_cursor=False)" in the Keyboard / Custom Key
Bindings preference.