[wingide-users] Tests in Wing IDE 3.0

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Nov 19 08:32:32 MST 2007

Pete wrote:
> Lemme add another vote for py.test.  I just started using it and it's way
> nicer than unittest derrived tests (like nose).  Mainly because it doesn't
> reek of Java:

We currently plan to develop a plugin system so many testing systems can
be accommodated.

> unittest (& nose):
> self.AssertEquals(x, 'pants')
>
> py.test:
> assert x == 'pants'

Just as an aside, the assert form works in unittest derived tests -- or
at least I think it does and my tests seem to work even though I don't
think I've ever used any of the assertThisOrThat methods.  I'm sure each
testing tool has its advantages but I suspect the assert statement can
be used with all (or almost all) of them.

Cheers,