[wingide-users] Tests in Wing IDE 3.0

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Mon Nov 19 06:35:54 MST 2007

Lemme add another vote for py.test.  I just started using it and it's way
nicer than unittest derrived tests (like nose).  Mainly because it doesn't
reek of Java:

unittest (& nose):
self.AssertEquals(x, 'pants')

py.test:
assert x == 'pants'

It's much more convincing when you have to type a few tens or hundreds of such
lines.

py.test has an option to drop into pdb on a failed test, so presumably there's
some machinery wing cold hook into here.

Peter Fein   ||   773-575-0694   ||   pfein at pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~pfein/   ||   PGP: 0xCCF6AE6B
irc: pfein at freenode.net   ||   jabber: peter.fein at gmail.com