[python] [wingide-users] Scrolling with ctrl+arrow does keep caret with text line

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Nov 17 07:17:39 MST 2007

Hugh Gibson wrote:
> While I'm on a roll with feedback...
>
> A little niggle: when using ctrl+up or down arrow, the text is scrolled
> but the caret doesn't stay on the same line of text - it stays on the
> same display line.
>
> MS editors keep the caret on the same line of text (unless the line with
> the caret has just moved off the display).

Hmmm... I very strongly disagree. ctrl and alt cursor key combinations
should do something useful with the caret position so that you can
quickly navigate through a document using just the keyboard.

Conversely, scrolling the display with the mouse wheel or grabber should
move the display and not the cursor position.

Michael
http://www.manning.com/foord